Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Boylan Vintage Soda Pop


The snack shop where I work has an entire cold case reserved for unique glass bottle sodas. I've been intrigued by them, but they have creepy names like "Butter Beer" and "Cane Cola" so I held off until now.

The first soda I chose was Boylan Bottleworks Sugar Cane Cola. It comes in a glass bottle, with the name Boylan embossed on the surface. Reminds me of the 50's.

Reading the label, I noticed that the ingredient list was short and strange.

Carbonated Water - check
Cane Sugar - check
Natural Flavors - check
Caramel Color - check
Phosphoric Acid - check?
Caffeine (From Coffee) - ????

Anyway, it tastes strange. Like after you leave your coke in the car after getting your favorite fast food, and you come back after an hour in the mall to find all the ice melted into the coke and all the fizz gone. Take that flavor and add the fizz back in. That's what Boylan Cane Cola tastes like.

Although, it does taste sugary, not corn syrupy. Which is strange but good.

1 comment:

Val Nebbia - singer/songwriter said...

This looks exceedingly uninteresting. I don't plan on taking a sip of this soda any time soon. Thanks for the review.